The Landing exists to serve survivors of human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation with a trauma-informed approach fueled by the love of Christ. To support this crucial mission, The Landing needed to diversify their revenue streams to create more stability in their non-profit. They hired Broad Oaks to provide consulting services and develop a new plan.
Approach and Results:
In a span of just 4 months, Broad Oaks:
- Reviewed and assessed the strategic plan.
- Conducted a full non-profit assessment including seventeen 1:1 interviews of staff, volunteers, board members, and donors; delivered a comprehensive SWAT analysis of current NPO operations and fundraising; and delivered a development plan for the future to support the Assessment.
- Assisted with largest event of the year, nearly tripling the amount of money raised in the live event ask.
- Created a sustaining gift program for them to launch independently at the end of the contract called Justice Warriors.
- Managed entire End of Year Campaign including developing the theme, email and social copywriting, the letter copy and list curation.
- Provided a Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Provided a donor stewardship plan.
“Before we hired Angie, we were at a place where our fundraising was becoming stagnant. Angie brought a fresh perspective and challenged us to think differently about how to invite new donors to become part of our story so that more survivors of trafficking could be served with the additional funds she helped us bring in!”
-Natasha Paradeshi, Co-Founder and Board Chair